Publications and Information
PUBLICATIONS AND INFORMATION UNIT
The Publications and Information Unit of the institute is a support unit. Our core purpose is to work in line with achieving the broad mandate of the National Animal Production Research Institute (NAPRI). We are tasked with maintaining the relationship between the Institute and the general public to enhance strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between our organization and the general public. The Publications and Information Unit maintain mutual relations and understanding between our organization and its public through improvement of channels of communication and instituting new ways of setting up a two-way flow of information and then deciding on the broad outlines of a campaign to disseminate messages.
Find below our key functions:
- Media Relations
- Preparing position papers on issues of importance to the institute.
- Handling publicity and providing general information to the public.
- Issuing news of activities to external audiences.
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with the mass media.
- Handling responses to inquiries from the mass media.
- Coordinating media conferences and tours in areas of interest to the institute and its staff.
- Tracking and evaluating media coverage
- Providing PR Services to other programmes and units (photographic services, video coverage, and etc.)
- Building and managing relationships with other collaborating institutions/organizations.
- Maintaining and updating information on the institute website
- Public relations
- Guest reception activities on behalf of the institute
- Preparing visit agenda and other visit related matters
- Conducting tours around the institute with guests
- Announcing new products or services and enhancements in products and services, though editorial channels of mass media
- Developing and executing promotional materials
- Participating in exhibition and marketing events
- Organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
- Sourcing and managing sponsorship opportunities
- Fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives
- Preparing and publishing of publicity brochures, training manuals, annual reports, progress reports, journals, fliers, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes
- Helping out other departments to promote and publish event announcements and other event related advertisement materials
- Writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches and articles.