The vision of the Institute is to be “a research institute of excellence in the development and dissemination of innovations and appropriate technologies for commercial and competitive smallholder, medium and large scale environmentally friendly animal production systems to ensure animal food security in Nigeria”.
Its mission is to “conduct demand-driven research and training in animal production and dissemination of technologies to animal producers, processors and marketers in an integrated value-chain system to achieve sustainable employment generation, poverty alleviation and improved livelihood in Nigeria”.
- Quality research, teaching and extension for development
- Impactful community service
- Institutional integrity in honest service
In pursuing its mission, the Institute is mandated to conduct research for:
- Genetic and reproductive improvements of livestock species which include: - cattle, sheep, goats, swine, poultry, rabbits, donkeys, horses, camels, etc.
- Introduction, selection, propagation and utilization of natural and sown pastures for livestock production.
- Development of animal nutrition packages for maintenance and production of all classes of food animal species.
News & Announcements
The team for the the NAPRI training initiative visits the Permanent Secretary FMFA to brief him…Read More
NAPRI and her partners, FODDER GREEN TECHNOLOGIES sets up stakeholders committee to begin the building of…Read More
The ARLA Foods of Denmark, who are professionals in Dairy end product processing visits NAPRI on…Read More
Lakpini: NAPRI’s Research Facilities are Old and Obsolete The Executive Director of the National Animal…Read More
A cross section of women and youth at the Kaduna State Women and Youth Commercial…Read More
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.