The vision of the Institute is to be “a research institute of excellence in the development and dissemination of innovations and appropriate technologies for commercial and competitive smallholder, medium and large scale environmentally friendly animal production systems to ensure animal food security in Nigeria”.
Its mission is to “conduct demand-driven research and training in animal production and dissemination of technologies to animal producers, processors and marketers in an integrated value-chain system to achieve sustainable employment generation, poverty alleviation and improved livelihood in Nigeria”.
- Quality research, teaching and extension for development
- Impactful community service
- Institutional integrity in honest service
In pursuing its mission, the Institute is mandated to conduct research for:
- Genetic and reproductive improvements of livestock species which include: - cattle, sheep, goats, swine, poultry, rabbits, donkeys, horses, camels, etc.
- Introduction, selection, propagation and utilization of natural and sown pastures for livestock production.
- Development of animal nutrition packages for maintenance and production of all classes of food animal species.
News & Announcements
Judith Beres, the Economic attache/Commercial counsellor of the Hungrarian embassy in Nigeria visits NAPRI on…Read More
The President, Dangote Group and the Vice-Chancellor, ABU Zaria being led on tour of NAPRI facilities…Read More
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.